Mengajar matakuliah Etika Profesi semester ini (Ganjil TA 2014/2015) menuntut saya untuk mengenal lebih detail mengenai profesi – profesi di bidang IT. Terlebih ketika dikelas kebanyakan mahasiswa masih bingung dan ragu ketika harus menyebutkan profesi IT yang diketahuinya.
Sebelum saya menyadur profesi – profesi IT dari berbagai sumber berikut sertifikasi di profesi tersebut, lebih pas rasanya jika saya menuliskan definisi profesi menurut kamus besar bahasa Indonesia yakni “bidang pekerjaan yang dilandasi pendidikan keahlian. Pendidikan sendiri adalah proses perubahan sikap dan tata laku seseorang atau kelompok orang dalam usaha mendewasakan manusia melalui upaya pengajaran dan pelatihan“.
Bersumber dari artikel yang berjudul :
Types of jobs:Information technology”
yang diunggah pada website http://www.prospects.ac.uk/, beberapa jenis pekerjaan pada bidang IT antara lain meliputi :
- Application Developer translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business.
- Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Games developers are involved in the creation and production of games for personal computers, games consoles, social/online games, arcade games, tablets, mobile phones and other hand held devices. Their work involves either design (including art and animation) or programming.
- Geographic information systems (GIS) are computerised systems used for the collection, storage, analysis, manipulation and presentation of complex geographical information.
- Information systems manager is responsible for the computer systems within a company. They:
- oversee installation;
- ensure back up systems operate effectively;
- purchase hardware and software;
- provide the ICT technology infrastructures for an organisation;
- contribute to organisational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning.
- IT consultant, works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. They work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organisations.
- IT sales professional falls into three main areas of pre-sales, sales and post-sale support of hardware and software.
- IT technical support officers monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organisation. They may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
- Multimedia programmer works with different multimedia features such as, text, sound, graphics, digital photography, 2D/3D modelling, animation and video to create products such as websites or computer programmers.
- Multimedia specialists combine design and technical knowledge to create information and communication technology (ICT) based products that entertain, educate or inform the user.
- Network engineers are responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, in some cases designing communication networks within an organisation or between organisations.
- Systems analyst uses computers and related systems to design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
- Systems developers maintain, audit and improve organisational support systems by working on the internal operations of computers, using existing systems or incorporating new technologies to meet particular needs, often as advised by a systems analyst or architect.
- Technical authors help to communicate technical information about products and services in a way that is easy to understand. The information may be presented in the form of user guides for software applications, reference and instruction manuals for appliances, training guides or online help incorporated into software and operating guides.
- Web designers plan, create and code web pages, using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites that fit the customer’s requirements. They are involved in the technical and graphical aspects of pages, producing not just the look of the website but determining how it works as well
Penjelasan lebih lengkap dapat dibaca di situs berikut.